One can never have enough of Chipotle Mexican Grill‘s guacamole, but you’re in luck. We went into the kitchen with Chipotle to learn exactly how to make its legendary avocado dip, so you can always get your fix. The secret? A longtime recipe that comes courtesy of founder (and classically trained chef) Steve Ells.
Chipotle’s Signature Guacamole
Adapted from Chipotle Mexican Grill
For a complete chips-and-dip experience, serve guacamole with tortilla chips that have been tossed with lime juice and a sprinkling of salt, a signature at Chipotle Mexican Grill.
- 6 large ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup citrus (lemon and lime) juice*
- 3 cups fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups red onion, finely chopped
- 12 large serrano chili peppers, seeded and finely chopped*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- *The original recipe calls for lime juice and jalapeño peppers.
- Using a fork, mash avocados with citrus juice in a small bowl.
- Add cilantro, chopped onion, serrano chili peppers, and salt. Stir to combine. Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
Information Category Dips, Appetizers Cuisine Mexican Yield 6-10 servings Cook Time 10 minutes
Source: FS – All – Food and Nutrition Blogs
No Need to Pay Extra – Make Your Own Chipotle Guac at Home!