AS Easter fever hits the nation, millions will be reaching for the season’s classic Creme Egg for the big day.
There are heaps of recipes for enjoying the eggs, including deep fried Creme Eggs, Creme Egg pizzas and even Creme Scotch eggs, so here are some ideas if you fancy getting creative.
Creme eggs are one of our favourite seasonal snacksAlamy
Scotch Creme eggs
Attention picnic lovers, did you know you can combine Cadbury’s Creme Egg and the classic British picnic snack, the scotch egg, in one amazing snack?
The internet went wild when a genius came up with the Scotch Creme Egg recipe and this had led to many replicating it at home.
It involves making a simple chocolate sponge, then blending in a food processor until the mix resembles breadcrumbs, then mixing it with butter, icing sugar and cocoa, to make a dough.
Wrap the dough around each cream and leave them to cool in the fridge.
Then, once cool, dip each ‘egg’ in melted chocolate, and roll in grated chocolate.
They’re the perfect treat for chocoholics – but you may want to invite a few friends over, because it’s probably best to just enjoy one.
If you have a sweet tooth, why not create your own Scotch egg using the chocolate eggs
Creme Egg pizza
What is the only thing that can improve a delicious pizza? A Creme Egg of course.
Simply add the egg as a topping to instantly transform your pizza meal.
Last Easter, you could even buy a Creme Egg pizza on Deliveroo.
Deliveroo’s Fior-egg-tina was a chocolate-laden take on the classic Fiorentina, featuring macerated strawberry base, mascarpone and mint.
But if you’re feeling less egg-stravagant, make one yourself with a pizza base, Nutella, strawberries, and mini Creme eggs.
A Creme Egg pizza – the ultimate indulgenceTwitter/Crazy Pedro
Creme egg pancakes
The only thing better than a normal stack of pancakes is to dribble a Creme Egg on top.
Simply melt the egg first and spread over the top.
Tumblr Dribble melted Creme Eggs over your pancakes for the perfect breakfast this Easter[/caption]
Creme Egg martini
Add a delicious twist to your favourite drink and create a Creme Egg martini.
This impressive drink was being sold at London’s Green Bar but now you have to recreate the drink at home to try it.
Start off with chocolate milk, made with melted Cadbury eggs, and then add chocolate vodka, and serve in a glass drizzled with Hershey’s syrup.
INSTAGRAM Whip up your ideal Creme Egg drink using chocolate milk made from melted Creme Eggs, chocolate vodka and Hershey’s syrup[/caption]
Deep fried Creme Eggs
If you want to deep fry your Creme Eggs it may be easier than you think.
1. Create a cake batter using either a pre-bought cake mix (quicker option) or by beating together flour, sugar, butter and eggs.
2. Heat enough sunflower oil in a pan to deep fry the eggs.
3. Unwrap the Creme Eggs and coat in the cake batter and very carefully slide into the oil when it is piping hot.
4. Once it has turned golden, remove with a spoon and rest on a paper towel for at least five minutes before serving.
Hollywood Fish Bar Deep fry your Creme Eggs within minutes using a cake mixture batter[/caption]
Creme Egg cake
Wow your Easter guests with a delicious cake that is oozing with Creme Eggs using this recipe.
- 100g soft butter
- 225g light muscovado sugar
- 200g self-raising flour
- 40g cocoa
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 125ml milk
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- 1tsp vanilla extract
For the ganache:
- Five Cadbury’s Creme Eggs, chopped
- 3tbsp double cream
For the filling:
- 250ml double cream
- 1tbsp icing sugar
- 3 Cadbury’s Creme Eggs, chopped
Tumblr Decorate and bake your dream Easter cake with a fillings and a topping of Creme Eggs[/caption]
1. Heat oven to 180C/gas mark 4 and then grease two 20cm sandwich tins.
2. Rub together the butter, sugar, flour, cocoa and baking powder until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Whisk together eggs, milk, chocolate and vanilla extract and then pour into the flour mixture and mix.
3. Divide the mixture in equal measure between the tins. Bake for 25-30 mins until the top is springy.
4. Leave to cool for 10 mins.
most read in food
5. For the ganache, put the chopped Creme Eggs and cream into a heatproof bowl placed over simmering water.
6. Heat until the chocolate has melted. Allow to cool for one hour, or until thick enough to spread.
7. Whip the cream with icing sugar then stir through most of the chopped Creme Eggs.
8. Put half of the cake onto a cake stand and spread with the cream. Put the second cake on top and decorate with the ganache. Decorate with the remaining large and mini Creme Eggs.
Source: FS – All – Food and Nutrition Blogs
Here are the BEST Creme Egg recipes to make this Easter from pizzas and Scotch eggs to Martinis